Teeth form one of the most important parts of human body, as well as one’s physical beauty. Staying confident while smiling adds a charm to your personality. Nowadays, people are too busy to regularly visit a dentist & hence maintain the proper health & beauty of teeth. So here are some of the homemade tips to whiten one’s teeth. Here we go:-
1. Strawberries:- Strawberries contain “malic acid” that acts as an astringent or cleanser to remove the discoloration from the surface of teeth. This is one of the cheapest methods to whiten teeth at home. All that you need is strawberries & baking soda (yes you also need baking soda to make it more effective). Just crush few strawberries & make a paste its paste. Then mix little baking powder along with this strawberry paste & blend properly. Apply this mixture onto your teeth & leave it there for at least 8-9 minutes. Then brush your teeth (using normal toothpaste) to remove this mixture. You may find some strawberry seeds stuck in between the spaces in your teeth, well using little floss will get you rid of this. This method should be used only once or twice a week because it contains acid & using it too often can damage your teeth enamel.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda:- Hydrogen Peroxide is having bacteria killing property that makes it a natural teeth whitener as it kills all the germs & reduces bad breath, hence enhancing the white color of the teeth. All you need to do is to mix a small quantity of hydrogen peroxide with baking soda & make a paste. The paste should not be viscous, it should be dilute enough, so add a sufficient quantity (not too less, not too more) of hydrogen peroxide to it. Then normally brush your teeth with this paste, like you do with your regular paste. Make sure that you don’t swallow the mixture. You can also try adding this mixture to your regular paste, at least this way you will not have to tolerate the weird taste of baking soda. Don’t worry if your gums turn white for some time, it is due to the anti-bacterial property of hydrogen peroxide. Your teeth will attain the normal color back in just few hours. This method should be used only once or twice a week.
3. Olive Oil:- Olive Oil is also one of the best & harmless teeth whitener. This method for cleaning teeth has been in use since ages. One can use it in two ways. The first method includes mixing 3-4 drops of olive oil with the regular toothpaste & brush with the same in a normal way. Secondly one can wet the corner of a clean cloth with little amount of olive oil & rub the cloth on the teeth in slow motions. This method can be used daily as it is completely harmless & makes the teeth shine whiter & brighter.
4. Use of Charcoal:- When I was a kid, my aunt used to tell me that I must use charcoal for whiter teeth as my teeth were a little stained. And as usual my reaction used to be like “What? Charcoal? Yaawwkkk?”. But after growing up I realized the role of charcoal in whitening teeth. No doubt, it is one of the best and cheapest ways of discoloring the stains on the surface of teeth. All you need to do is to crush the charcoal pieces to make a powder & then mix it with your regular paste (using baking soda will make it more effective). Brush with this paste in a normal way & you will notice the difference in few days. Needless to say, it is harmless & can be used daily.
5. Lemon Juice:- As lemon is famous for its hair lightening properties, so lemon juice can also be used to whiten teeth. Lemon is acidic in nature & this is what makes it a teeth cleaner. Just prepare a paste of baking soda (or plain salt) & a teaspoon of lemon & apply this on your teeth. Keep it there for 5 minutes and then rub the mixture slowly with the help of your fingers or toothbrush. Drinking lemon juice also cleans the teeth.
6. Xylitol Chewing Gums (Sugarless):- Xylitol is a sweetener that is found to have anti-bacterial properties. It reduces the bacteria in the mouth & is found in many sugarless gums. One can keep on chewing these gums. It increases the flow of saliva & helps in maintaining the whiter teeth.
7. Use of Baking Soda:- Simply using baking soda in your regular toothpaste can do wonders for you. Toothpastes contain baking soda as one of the teeth whitening ingredient but it is in very small quantity. Just mix an extra pinch of baking soda with your regular toothpaste & brush your teeth with the same. This method should be used 3-4 times a week. Remember not to swallow the paste.